Re: test/development databases

From: Jonathan Gennick <gennick_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 1998 17:04:29 GMT

On Fri, 05 Jun 1998 21:03:33 GMT, djr3_at_pge.com (Dennis Reed) wrote:

>Does anybody know a way to record transactions hitting an Oracle
>database for later playback against that or other databases? In
>other words, I want to simulate load by replaying real-time
>transactions instead of by wasting user time (more realistic, anyway).

I don't know of a way to do it w/Oracle tools. There are testing tools on the market that are designed specifically for load testing, and that do what you want to do. One vendor is Mercury Interactive (www.merc-int.com I think). I've seen their stuff. It's good, but costs many $$$.

Jonathan Received on Sun Jun 07 1998 - 12:04:29 CDT