Re: Tracking user log on's

From: <lepekhine_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: 1998/06/05

In article <6l8fej$9v9$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>,   dregar_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:

> Hello all,Is there a way to track user log on to Oracle database? What I'm
> interested in is something like which user has logged on, time of log on,
> etc.Thanks!Andre

> http://www.dejanews.com/ Now offering spam-free web-based newsreading

Please, see "Oracle Server Administrator's Guide", chapter 22 "Auditing Database Use": "...

If you decide to use auditing, create the auditing views by connecting as SYS and running the script CATAUDIT.SQL. This script creates the following views:

STMT_AUDIT_OPTION_MAP
AUDIT_ACTIONS
ALL_DEF_AUDIT_OPTS
DBA_STMT_AUDIT_OPTS

USER_OBJ_AUDIT_OPTS, DBA_OBJ_AUDIT_OPTS
USER_AUDIT_TRAIL, DBA_AUDIT_TRAIL
USER_AUDIT_SESSION, DBA_AUDIT_SESSION
USER_AUDIT_STATEMENT, DBA_AUDIT_STATEMENT
USER_AUDIT_OBJECT, DBA_AUDIT_OBJECT

DBA_AUDIT_EXISTS
USER_AUDIT_SESSION, DBA_AUDIT_SESSION
USER_TAB_AUDIT_OPTS
If you disable auditing and no longer need the audit trail views, delete them by connecting to the database as SYS and running the script file CATNOAUD.SQL. The name and location of the CATNOAUD.SQL script are operating system-dependent.
Database auditing is enabled and disabled by the AUDIT_TRAIL initialization parameter in the database's parameter file. ..."
Your demanded events are audited by default. Yours
Alexandre