ReadOnly-Error when writing to Oracle 7 table via ODBC in C++

From: Jonas Riedel <riedel_at_4com.de>
Date: 1998/06/05

Hi,
My program could writes in an Access-Database, but when i try to use a Oracle 7 Database via ODBC, it says that the table is readonly ??? I can write to the table with other ODBC-Tools !!! Anyone got a hint ????

my C++ code looks like the following part:

CdbDBEngine         dbeng;
CdbDatabase         dbsBiblio;
CdbRecordset        rstTitles;

 dbsBiblio = dbeng.OpenDatabase("Test", dbDriverPrompt, FALSE, "ODBC;");        rstTitles = dbsBiblio.OpenRecordset("RESULT00", dbOpenDynaset, dbExecDirect, dbOptimistic);
 ( "I've tried other options too (like dbOpenTable....), but nothing seems to work ??" )

 rstTitles.AddNew();

 rstTitles.Update(); <------- Error: "Table readonly"  rstTitles.Close();

Thanks,

J. Riedel

riedel_at_4com.de Received on Fri Jun 05 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT