test/development databases

From: Dennis Reed <djr3_at_pge.com>
Date: 1998/06/05

I am in the process of migrating a SCO Unix / 7.1.4 database to NT4 / 7.3.3. Before I roll the NT box into production and shut down Unix, my boss wants me to hammer the **** out of NT to make sure it won't die under load.

Does anybody know a way to record transactions hitting an Oracle database for later playback against that or other databases? In other words, I want to simulate load by replaying real-time transactions instead of by wasting user time (more realistic, anyway).

Thanks,
Dennis Reed, djr3_at_pge.com
DBA, Procedure Services
Pacific Gas & Electric Co. Received on Fri Jun 05 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT