2000 character limitation problem

From: <keathley_at_writeme.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 1998 15:49:57 GMT

Any help will be greatly appreciated:

I have defined a table in my Oracle db with the following schema:   test(a varchar2(2) not null, b long)
Where a is my identifier and b is of type long. My problem is this, Long can support up to 2gb of data, but I am unable to enter anything over 2000 characters because of Oracle's 2000 max chars on quoted strings. Triggers and Functions have proven useless. Please help!!!

Thanks,