Tar usage between two boxes

From: Wayne Larimore <dwljr_at_ionet.net>
Date: 5 Jun 1998 13:57:20 GMT

Thanks, Mike & Matt, for your feedback. I learned a great deal by your direction.
HOWEVER, it still gives me a 'tar: tape read error' on the box with a 2GB DDS Tape Unit.

I was able to create a special device for DDS1 on the box with the C1553A 4GB unit. Later, I found that there was already a DDS1 present, linking to a D800 type. I tried all of the devices that were present, D1600, BEST and even NOMOD. I can tar to tape on the unit HP35470A 2GB unit (it does have an A on the end - should that make a difference?) and the C1553A 4GB unit DOES read and retrieve from it - as expected. But, what is the deal with the reverse?

Any additional help will be greatly, greatly appreciated... Wayne

Wayne Larimore <dwljr_at_ionet.net> wrote in article <01bd8f3b$ecd70980$2a27a8c0_at_computer>...