Re: help

From: Mike Mason <masonm_at_federal.unisys.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 17:20:34 GMT

Sundeep wrote:

> i am new to oracle i got a cd for 30 day trial period and i installed every
> thing under that.
> 1) when i start form builder and try to run guided tour it says couldnot
> connect
> 2) when i go to sql 3.3 it asks me for username and password and than asks
> me for the host string . i put the username scott and password as tiger and
> than host string i put loca host and it gives and error message saying
> SQL*Plus: Release 3.3.4.0.0 - Production on Thu Jun 04 00:24:06 1998
>
> Copyright (c) Oracle Corporation 1979, 1996. All rights reserved.
>
> ERROR: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name
> how can i resolve this
> will appreciate if some one can help
> sundeep shah
> shahsundeep_at_hotmail.com

You need to make sure that you have your database up. Find out your SID name (instance) and enter the appropriate info into SQL*Net Easy Configuration Util. Whatever your trying to run (SQL Plus) is using TNS to talk to the database and it cannot find the database because you have not specified anything in the SQL*net easy config.

--
The views expressed here are certainly not the views of Unisys Corp. Received on Thu Jun 04 1998 - 12:20:34 CDT