Re: SQL*PLUS Format Question

From: Martin Anderson <mhanders_at_bbn.com>
Date: 1998/06/03

Another way of doing this could be as follows: set head off feed off space 0 pages 0 lines {whatever} select col1||col2||col3||
from table;

This would select 1 BIGGGG column back in a CHAR format. You could of course include field seperators of commas, colons, spaces, etc. to use as delimiters and/or you could format each field to be a particular format using lpad/rpad. The world is your oyster.

Martin