Change Password using OWAS

From: John Krahulec <krahulec_at_erols.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 1998 19:44:05 -0400

I am trying to build an online password change utility via OWAS/HTML but am running into problems with privileges.

I've created a link on a page (intranet or else I'd give you the URL) for users to change passwords. The first page is a simple html form with three text entry boxes: account name, and password twice (to verify proper data entry). Then the submit button executes another procedure which contains a DBMS_SQL.PARSE statement to execute the ALTER USER ... statement with the parameters passed from the html form. I can get the code to work as a stand alone procedure from any user id, but as soon as I compile it under one account(with DBA privilege) and try to change the password for another account I get an ORA-1031 error.

Does anyone have experience with this or already have such a utility and is willing to share?

Thanks,
John Krahulec Received on Wed Jun 03 1998 - 18:44:05 CDT