Memory Problem within an oracle Application

From: Christian Geist <cgt_at_in-gmbh.de>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 1998 16:19:54 +0200

I have a very interesting effect after porting my oracle application from Oracle 7.0.1 on HPUX 9.3 to Oracle 7.3.3 on HPUX10.20.

The amount of memory is steadily growing while executing the application.
After a while (for example 5 days) it stops. No more reaction, so that I have to kill it.

There is no malloc or realloc within the source code. Therefore it isn't possible to have memory leaks.

I use many cursors. I'm sure there is no open cursor left when returning a function.

Some more relevant information:
I use Embedded SQL and the nativ HP ANSI-C compiler

Have you there any idea where this problem could be located?

Thanks

Christian

  Sender: Christian Geist         Voice: (49)-7531-8145-53
                                  Company: IN GmbH