Re: Connect MS Access to Oracle

From: TurkBear <johng_at_mm.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 1998 17:52:42 GMT

"Stan Pitman" <tanal_at_worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>What is the best way to connect MS Access to Oracle tables. I'm using
>Access '97 and under stand I can use ODBC, but I've also heard that I can
>use TCP/IP.
>
>Any help will be appreciated.
>
>Thanks
>
>Stan

I've found that Oracle Objects for OLE ( available from Oracle at www.oracle.com as a free trial download ) is much faster and easier to use - I believe it can be used with Access Macros although I use it to create applications in Visual Basic 5 using the native Oracle controls.....They use SqlNet directly and avoid the ODBC overhead.....

Just a thought...
John Greco
Oracle DBA
Email to john.greco_at_dot.state.mn.us Received on Tue Jun 02 1998 - 12:52:42 CDT