Re: Oracle Web Server 3.0 on NT

From: Dan Norris <dann_at_sky.net>
Date: 2 Jun 1998 07:53:44 -0500

First, the database and the web server (including the listener) are completely different products and they are not connected in any way (unless you configure them that way).

What order did you load the two products in? I've seen that the order does make a difference as the required support files may/may not be compatible with one another. I'm guessing that the Oracle8 database required support files and the WAS required support files would not be compatible with one another. I've never loaded the two on the same box, so I'm not sure. I would suggest that when it asks if you'd like to install the "older" version of the required support files (during WAS install) that you choose yes. See if that works.

Dan