HASH JOIN - how does it work?

From: Nuno Guerreiro <nuno-v-guerreiro_at_telecom.pt>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 1998 09:40:08 GMT

Can anyone explain exactly what is a HASH JOIN and under which circumstances does Oracle use it?

My guess is that Oracle uses it whenever it has to join information from two large tables, but I would like to know how is the hash table built as I don't have it in the documentation CD for Oracle Server 7.3.3.

Thanks,

Nuno Guerreiro Received on Tue Jun 02 1998 - 04:40:08 CDT