Re: Oracle on MVS

From: Dave Dargo <ddargo_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 22:10:29 -0700

We find that performance issues are almost always related to application design issues, such as full table scans, or implementation issues, such as dispatching priority or resource availability. As with all MVS systems, Oracle for OS/390 needs to be tuned for the specific workload and site specific MVS goal balancing.

I'd be more than happy to entertain calls from your two clients to be sure the appropriate resources have been deployed to examine their specific issues. Please email me contact information and we'll get someone in touch with them.

Thanks,
Dave Dargo
Sr. Director, Product Management and Marketing IBM Products Division
Oracle Corporation
(ddargo_at_us.oracle.com)