Re: Boycott Microsoft

From: Robert Smits <rsmits_at_curmudgeon.bc.ca>
Date: 1998/05/31

In article <6ka5vj$8rc$1_at_gte2.gte.net>, arlr_at_gte.net says...

>Microsoft has given us the PC in every home, and desktop.

"Given" us? I paid for all my systems, Mac. And if Microsloth hadn't bullied the marketplace, maybe we'd have more choice about which OS to use besides Windows95.

I have nothing against Microsoft when they compete fairly in the marketplace - and people buy their OS based on which ones work better, or have better features, etc.

I have a lot of resentment when other OSes are locked out by schemes that restrict the bundling of other OSes with a computer if the retailer wants to also sell Win 95.

And it's bloody criminal the way MS is modifying Java to defeat the very basis of Java - that it'll run on any system.

I'll only buy or use MS products if there is no other alternative left. Received on Sun May 31 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT