Re: Boycott Microsoft

From: Edwin E. Thorne <ethorne_at_chicagonet.net>
Date: 1998/05/30

Anthony <arlr_at_gte.net> wrote:

> Ed,
>
> My apology for a comment that was not meant to be personal.
> But to make a statement without factual submission as follows:

I'll accept your apology, but I can't see how you say your remark was not meant to be personal. It is obvious that you attacked my credibility as a means of dismissing what I said.

> Microsoft engages in illegal monopolistic practices, because it fears
> honest open market competition, where its products would have to survive
> on their merits.
>
> It an outrage that could not go unanswered.

That is no outrage, it is the complete truth, as born out through an examination of the history of Microsoft. As another poster pointed out, it is amply proven by Microsoft's own internal documents. Do you really believe that you are in a better position to judge the validity of the evidence than the DOJ and the twenty states that have spent months and even years examining it?

Edwin

Created on an Apple Macintosh Performa 6400/180 Received on Sat May 30 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT