Re: Backing up Oracle

From: Peter Lewis <peter.lewis_at_bgs.ac.uk>
Date: 1998/05/29

OK, It's a fair cop. Looking into this in more detail I am wrong in saying shutdown immediate should be followed by a startup mount then a shutdown normal to leave the database and log files clean and tidy. But, it's a practice that has been followed for years, I guess as a result of the "bug" in Oracle docs mentioned by Jurij Modic being taken up and implemented as it quite rightly should have been. It's served well and I've got no intention of changing it! Received on Fri May 29 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT