table CLASS is mutating, trigger/function may not see it

From: Tomas CIRIP <cirip_at_cmic.ca>
Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 03:04:37 GMT

Hi All,

imagine I have table CLASS(		A 		varchar2(10)
					B 		varchar2(10))

When I delete record from table class, value of column B should be changed for some other records from the same table. This should be done in db trigger( before or after delete). But when I am trying to do this using UPDATE command on the same table, there is Oracle error "ORA-04091: table CLASS is mutating, trigger/function may not see it". Thanks for help.

Tomas CIRIP
tomas_at_cmic.ca

Tomas CIRIP
CMiC, North York, Ontario
E-mail: tomas_at_cmic.ca

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of CMiC Received on Fri May 29 1998 - 22:04:37 CDT