Re: Question about IPC and SQLNET connection

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 13:08:32 GMT

A copy of this was sent to sj_at_china.pages.com.cn (if that email address didn't require changing) On Fri, 29 May 1998 05:25:32 GMT, you wrote:

>hello:
>
> I am facing such a problem:
>
> We have two database server installed seperately ( one on solaris and on on
>HP UX ).
> We want to exchange data between them automatically , so I create a database
>link on the server installed on solaris 2.5.1 . But we found if I login the
>server by using sqlplus it always show ora-12666 error .

[snip]

12666, 00000, "Dedicated server: outbound transport protocol different from inbound"

// *Cause:  The protocol specified for an externally-identified outbound
//          connection from a dedicated server (database link) was not the same
//          as that used for the inbound connection. It is not possible for
//          SQL*Net to authenticate a proxy connection that uses a protocol
//          that is different from that which was used for the connection to
//          the dedicated server.
// *Action: Specify the same protocol in the SQL*Net connect string or alias
//          for the outbound connection as that used for the inbound
//          connection

Your problem is cause by using 2 different protocols (IPC and TCP) and using proxy connections. You solved it below by using the same protocol

> This morning , I happened to login by using sqlnet connect string .
>I FOUND that all works FINE.

[snip]

>Jing Shen
>
>Mail to: sj_at_china.pages.com.cn

>http://www.dejanews.com/ Now offering spam-free web-based newsreading

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Fri May 29 1998 - 08:08:32 CDT