Is it possible to share bind or define handle with different statements

From: Franck Gendre <fgendre_at_sinfor.fr>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 08:21:46 GMT

I use OCI and I want to share Bind or Define handle with two different statements (one Select and another Update). But I have lot of memrory leak, because it's seem that the owner of this handles is the statement what have allocated the handle, and the second statement refuse to use the same handle and allocate another handle.

I dont't know exactly the memory managment of handles, and help of Oracle isn't completed in this subject

Then I decide to allocate explicity this handle but I isn't possible with HandleAlloc because the type OCI_HTYPE_BIND or OCI_HTYPE_DEFINE isn't allowed.

Anyone know the solution ?

Thanks,
Franck Received on Fri May 29 1998 - 03:21:46 CDT