DBD::ORACLE and date fields

From: Larry Donohoe <donohoel_at_ohsu.edu>
Date: 1998/05/28

I'm trying to insert data into a date field using ora_open and ora_bind. I'm only able to do this is the format of the input is in the default Oracle format DD-MON-YY. I want to use data with the format YYYY-MON-DD. If I try to use TO_DATE and a mask, ora_bind aborts with the error: ORA-01858: a non-numeric character was found where a numeric was expected (DBD: oexec error) I'm using DBD::ORACLE ver. 0.47, DBI .90, Oracle Emulator 1.35 and perl 5.004. Is there a way around this or am I stuck with the default format? Thanks in advance for any help.

   Larry Donohoe
   Oregon Health Science University Received on Thu May 28 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT