Oracle Data Unloader Tool

From: Andy Hering <andy_hering_at_forecross.com>
Date: 1998/05/28

Hi,

 I am looking for a way to do the opposite of SQL*LOADER, bascially to unload data in a table in my database to an ASCII flatfile. I know I can do this in Sybase and MSSQL using the BCP command. However, in Oracle, there doesn't seem to be a tool that allows me to do this. Does SQL*LOADER have any "hidden" options to do this? Has anybody found a way to do this?

 I know there are some third party tools that do this kind of thing, but I wanted to avoid using them unless for some reason you can download them for free. I am trying to write a shell script that will bascially unload data from a table in a database using whatever the vendor supplies. In the case of Sybase and MSSQL, I can use BCP; Informix has UNLOAD. However, with Oracle I seem to be stuck. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Andy

P.S. -> I know I can use svrmgrl or sqlplus to perform the select and save the output to a file, but I was also trying to avoid using this. Received on Thu May 28 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT