Oracle or SQL Server?

From: Ahab Johnson <ahab_at_epnet.com>
Date: 1998/05/28

We are now developing a second generation database. The current db is about 5 GB on SQL Server 6.5 dual P-200 NT box with no RAID. The requirements for the second generation db call for 7 x 24 availability with fail-over and load balancing capabilities through parallel servers accessing a single raid box or multiple replication servers. The new database will probably be slightly bigger experiencing moderate but steady growth.
Can these requirements be reliably met using SQL Server replication or would we be better off seeking a solution using Oracle Enterprise server.

Thanks in advance for any recomendations.

-DS Received on Thu May 28 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT