Re: Web server locks files

From: Kirt Thomas <kirtt_at_sky.net>
Date: 1998/05/28

In article <6kjaof$fkt$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>, pmagnus_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When using Oracle Applications Server 3.0 on NT, the server locks all files
> that a user browse. So it is impossible to change a file that a user has
> browsed, before the server has been re-started.
>
> Do any one know how to stop this annoying feature.

I don't know how to stop this 'feature' but I think it's OS specific (ie a problem with NT's own file locking routines) - however there's no need ot bounce the server, just login as the admin from your browser and stop the listener that's pointed to these files, replace them and start the listener again - less than optimal (hmmm this describes a lot of the Oracle toools ;)

NoWonderNoWonderNoWonderNoWonderNoWonderNoWonderNoWonder

   o        "1`2`1 Technical Support 4 Free via
   n          24 hour Email and Message boards
   d             http://www.nowonder.com
   e   kirtt_at_nowonder.com       evangelist_at_nowonder.com
   r               kirtt_at_macsrule.com