Re: Question about database link

From: <mpir_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 20:15:36 GMT

In article <6kimu1$lla$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>,   sj_at_china.pages.com.cn wrote:

> I am now trying to set up such a database exchange .
>
> the following is the condition I am under :
>
> 1. my oracle listen to 202.96.98.24
> 2. the other oracle server is listen to 134.138.8.28
>
> I have set up my Sun to be a part of 134.138.8.* (35) and config
> tnsnames.ora to set up a new entry to access the other database .
>
> now , I can access the other database by using sqlplus like this:
>
> sqlplus developer/developer_at_connect ( connect is a service name in
> tnsnames.ora )
>
> I think this means I can access the database at the other department.
>
> so , I create a database link as following:
>
> SQL>create database link db_link
> 2 connect to developer identified by developer
> 3 using 'connect.world';
>
> Database link created .
>
> SQL> commit;
>
> Commit complete
>
> SQL> select * from test_at_db_link
>
> select * from test_at_db_link
> *
> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-12666: Message 12666 not found; product=RDBMS; facility=ORA
>
> SQL>
>
> I can not find the error no in my messages book .
>
> Also I met problem when create a trigger :
>
> the following the trigger I created:
>
> --------------------------
>
> create or replace trigger go_other
>
> AFTER insert on test1
> for each row
> begin
> inser_to_dev;
> end ;
> /
>
> create or replace procedure inser_to_dev as
> begin
> insert into test
> values ( 'data1' , 1, 'data2' );
> exception
>
> when others then
>
> rollback ;
>
> end;

> well , I want to know how can I transfer the data just inserted into
> the table 'test1'( local ) to the remote database (named 'test') ,
> I have tried to reference "new' , but there is always compile error .
>
> How can I solve it ?
>
> Thanks a lot .
>
> Best regards
>
> Jing Shen
>
> Mail to : sj_at_china.pages.com.cn

> http://www.dejanews.com/ Now offering spam-free web-based newsreading

12666, 00000, "Dedicated server: outbound transport protocol different from inbound" // *Cause: The protocol specified for an externally-identified outbound // connection from a dedicated server (database link) was not the same // as that used for the inbound connection. It is not possible for // SQL*Net to authenticate a proxy connection that uses a protocol // that is different from that which was used for the connection to // the dedicated server. // *Action: Specify the same protocol in the SQL*Net connect string or alias // for the outbound connection as that used for the inbound // connection

Hope this helps.