Mac Java Oracle Driver error

From: Default User <default_user_at_merck.com>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 15:22:21 -0400

Java Gurus,

I'm running a PowerMac and trying to use Oracle's OCI driver to connect to an Oracle instance. On runtime, I get the exception error:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no oci73jdbc in shared library path

I "THOUGHT" I had installed all of the drivers correctly. I do have an Oracle:Drivers folder within my System folder and it does contain a file called "oci7".

Am I missing something ?

TIA,
Cliff Buetikofer

       my employer, Merck & Co., Inc.  All responsibility for the statements
       sender.