How can I clone a twins DataBase.

From: Luca Minudel <luca.minudel_at_nline.it>
Date: 28 May 1998 17:23:31 GMT

I need to have a clone copy of an existing Oracle Db, this twin Db = should
run in a second Oracle instance.
The twin copy of the db should be different only for DB_NAME and for = files
location (datafiles, log files, control files etc.). At any time I should be able to copy original datafiles over the twin Db datafiles.

This is because I'm going to have comparative tests and I need to = restore initial conditions after each test execution.

Thanks!

 Luca Minudel                    software designer
 Italy                             Conegliano (TV)
 voice & fax                     +39 (0)438 412280
 e-mail                      luca.minudel_at_nline.it
 WWW                       (italian language used)
 http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Vista/4041 Received on Thu May 28 1998 - 12:23:31 CDT