Re: Help!!! IT'S THE BLOB...

From: <CW120463_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 14:03:18 GMT

'Sorry, I mean an Oracle8 BLOB column type. We're not having any trouble getting data _INTO_ the column, but we haven't been able to retrieve it back out to "re-create" its native file (using VB-- or anything else for that matter).

Thanks again for any suggestions,

Chuck Wessel

In article <356ff921.487569658_at_newshost.us.oracle.com>,   <.> wrote:

> Do you mean an Oracle 8 BLOB column type or an Oracle 7 RDBMS with a
> LONG RAW column type?

Original Post:

Does anyone out there ever retrieve BLOB's back OUT of their (Oracle) database? In casual conversation, it seems like a reasonable idea doesn't it? But why on earth is this such a monumental undertaking in real life? I think I would prefer battling the movie monster to struggling with Oracle's under-supported BLOB data type.

I'd like to use VB (preferably OO4O) to access a BLOB field (say a bitmap or other image file), and write it out to a file. Does anyone have any suggestions or examples they could share with me?

Thank you for any help you might have,

Chuck Wessel

I sincerely appologize for the anti-spam measures, but please replace the "AT" and "DOT" with the usual symbols to email me: Chuck.WesselATcwcincDOTcom