Re: java.sql.SQLException: Bigger type length than Maximum

From: John R. Howey <jhowey_at_ford.com>
Date: 1998/05/27

As I've said in previous posts (which may have expired), this is a bug in the Oracle thin driver. It has been reported to Oracle. I got around this problem by retrieving the data (VARCHAR2(2000), LONGs in my case) in < 500 byte chunks and then appending them on the client... I also seem to remember reading something about a trailing single quote (') in the

data causing this.
Oracle has fixed this in their upcoming release...