calling a generic procedure multiple times and using its output.

From: Kal Khatib <kkhatib_at_cisco.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 11:21:28 -0700

Hi all.. I couldn't come up with a better subject.. I'm new to PL/SQL, and trying to do the follwing..

I want to write a generic proceudre that produces distinct values of a certain column in a certain table (so input to the procedure would be v_field, v_table.) I will be calling this procedure twice, then creating some relationship between the output of the 2 calls.

I guess what I'm trying to do is Assign the output of each call to some 'array' or 'PLSQL table', then use those to create a certain relationship.

Sould I write a function instead?
I hope I'm making sense.
I would appreciate any help.
PS. please copy to my email when responding to the group. Thank you. Received on Wed May 27 1998 - 13:21:28 CDT