ORA01002 fetch out of sequence

From: John0725 <john0725_at_aol.com>
Date: 27 May 1998 14:30:15 GMT

Help!

Does anybody know why I get this?

I am opening a simple, unparamaterized cursor of a small (8 fields, maybe 20 records) unindexed table inside a stored procedure.

I have declared the cursor before the BEGIN line,

then I say

OPEN cursor_name;

if cursor_name%isOpen then
  Loop
    Fetch cursor_name into list_of_variables;     if cursor_name%NotFound then
      exit;
    else
      other statements....

but when it gets to the fetch line I get the error...

any ideas? I have done this sort of thing exactly the same way on other tables before and it worked fine until now.

thanks,

John Received on Wed May 27 1998 - 09:30:15 CDT