form problem

From: Martin Meadows <mmeadows_at_indy.net>
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 21:56:24 -0500

I'm working with 2 blocks on 2 separate screens (pages). Screen 2 is a pop-up that comes up when a certain field on screen 1 is crossed. The base table for each screen is different. When screen 2 pops up, the user enters data in 2 columns (job function & billable hours). When the user hits the commit key I jump back to the first screen, post the entries from the user & sum them with a select statement. The result goes in the field I jumped on screen 1.

Here's the problem: if I use a query to bring up screen 1 & 2 and then modify screen 2 hours, when I go back to screen 1 I get the following error message:

   FRM-40654: record changed by another user. requery to see change.

   Why am I getting this error message? There are no other users.

   Thanks,
   Martin Meadows Received on Mon May 25 1998 - 21:56:24 CDT