UTL_FILE Package and OS file permissions

From: Michelle <hrdbdy_at_sprynet.com>
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 12:24:47 -0400

Okay, I have what I hope to be an easy question - just hope I can write it clearly.

When I add the line:

      utl_file_dir = /temp
to my init.ora file, does that mean every file in the temp directory is accessible by any one with an Oracle DB password or do they need to also have O/S file permissions? I am working in a Unix environment and running the Web Server 3.0. Thanks in advance.

Michelle Warner Received on Mon May 25 1998 - 11:24:47 CDT