Re: Excel -> ODBC -> Oracle

From: <gjlinker_at_geocities.com>
Date: 1998/05/24

Dear Torkild Hagen,

Your company should also consider using OO4O instead of ODBC for their system. There are certain benifits in using OO4O (Oracle Objects for OLE) one of which is that there is no need for external drivers etc.

As a demonstration, please have a look at my Oraxcel utility. It allows you to use Excel as frontend to Oracle databases. It was coded in Visual Basic using OO4O database connectivity.

http://members.aol.com/gjlinker

kind regards, Gerrit-Jan Linker