Grants for functions...

From: Ken Burnside <kburn_at_inasec.ca>
Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 23:05:14 -0400

I have two distinct users on a single system:

User a owns table xx

User b owns a function (zz) that does a count(*) from table xx.

The function compiles without errors, but when executed from user a's connection... does not work... (reports a numeric or value error). What it does is return a null... instead of the number of rows..

I have to grant the select priv. on table xx to user b in order for it to actually return the number of rows...

Is this a bug.... and if so, is there a work around... ?

Thanks.. Received on Sun May 24 1998 - 22:05:14 CDT