Handling multiple timezones

From: Steven P. Crain <scrain_at_shore.net>
Date: 1998/05/23

Does anyone have experience using Sybase with multiple Time zones?

Our database is running using US/Eastern timezone. I have data I need to load in that comes with the times all GMT. I can't just use dateadd to offset from GMT to US/Eastern because US/Eastern changes between EST and EDT twice a year.

Has anyone found an elegant & efficient way to handle this problem in Sybase. It seems to me that Sybase internationalization code really ought to do time zone conversions for you, but it doesn't.

(Running Sybase 11.5.)

Steven P. Crain, Development http://www.shore.net/~scrain Shore.Net, An ISP with Excellence in the Greater Boston Area. Received on Sat May 23 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT