Access with Oracle8 error : #Deleted instead of data

From: Abdullah Bushnaq <dbase_at_raex.com>
Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 17:06:52 +0100

Hi folks,

we are using Access as the front end to develop our front end to a Personal Oracle 8 Dbase running under NT Server 4.0. We established the ODBC connection, and we created linked tables to the Oracle tables and we can access them without problems (well, most of the time).

A problem just showed up, one of our tables shows up with the word

        #Deleted

in place of the data that is supposed to be in the table. The username we are logging in as has full access to the Dbase, the table first showed up without any problems, then the error showed up. We removed the data from the table, and tried things again, and at the first attempt it worked, five minutes later, the problem showed up again (when we accessed the tables again).

Now this is a pain in the neck. If this is a problem that might show up later, it would be a major problem. Of course we couldn't get any help from the Access help file.

If you have any suggestions or if you have faced this problem, I would really appreciate any info.

Thanks,

Sincerely,

Abdullah Bushnaq Received on Sat May 23 1998 - 11:06:52 CDT