Re: Import/Export problem

From: Umesh Jagannatha <umesh_at_esystem.com>
Date: 1998/05/22

In article <355B2F58.6CA8846C_at_ecitele.com>, yacovw_at_ecitele.com says...

>--------------70CFDBE2589A8E6AD199B6FE
>
>Hi,
>First, let me thank all those who bothered to try and help me.
>Thanks very much.
>
>But...
>Its not so simple. It seems that the database was create somewhere else
>and then imported to our machine. The size of all db objects ( tables,
>indexes etc. ) conforms with the large db. As a result, when i try to
>import it to my personal machine ( after creating tablespaces and db
>files ) i get error messages saying something like
>
>"Cannot create initial extent......"
>
>Maybe the db was created at our site using backup and restore, or else
>the objects should hold their initial settings, Or maybe the db was
>created with gigantic objects to begin with.
>
>The question remains : is there any way i can edit the .dmp file?
>--
>Life is hard...
>and then you die
>--------------70CFDBE2589A8E6AD199B6FE
>
>begin: vcard
>fn: Yacov Wolfowicz
>n: Wolfowicz;Yacov
>org: ECI TeleSystems
>adr: HaTziporen 9;;;Rishon LeTzion;;75428;ISRAEL
>email;internet: yacovw_at_ecitele.com
>tel;work: 972-3-9268388
>tel;home: 972-3-9513264, 972-5-2458995
>note: ICQ # 7418182
>x-mozilla-cpt: ;0
>x-mozilla-html: FALSE
>version: 2.1
>end: vcard
>

>--------------70CFDBE2589A8E6AD199B6FE--

The problem seems to be that the database is not sized the same as that from where the export was taken. There is no easy way to edit the import file. You can use ignore=y in the import parameter file and create the table that is giving you a problem. That way you can bypass it.

First you got to find out where exactly you get the problem. Is it at the tablespace level or table level or the index level. then you can bypass it by creating the respective object before hand.

Thanks

Umesh Jagannatha
umesh_at_esystem.com Received on Fri May 22 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT