DBMS_JOB

From: Carl Hothersall <carlhothersall_at_mcmail.com>
Date: 1998/05/21

Dear All,

Please can anyone give me a bit of advice on getting DBMS_JOB working?

I have a Form through which parameters are entered. When the user hits commit, the idea is that the form executes a stored package, passing it the parameters that have been entered. I want the package to execute in the background, so that the user can navigate to other parts of the on-line system. I thought DBMS_JOB would do this, but can't quite get it to work:

Using DBMS_JOB.SUBMIT, absolutely nothing appears to happen.

Using DBMS_JOB.SUBMIT, followed by DBMS_JOB.RUN, the procedure executes, but in the same process as the form, so the form is locked until the procedure finishes.

I tried DBMS_JOB.SUBMIT from SQL*Plus, and unlike from the form, it did at least create an entry in USER_JOBS, but did nothing else.

I have the following parameters set in INIT.ORA (and the instance has been restarted):

JOB_QUEUE_PROCESSES = 1
JOB_QUEUE_INTERVAL = 60 Any help would be much appreciated - thanks in advance.

Regards,

Carl Hothersall. (carlhothersall_at_mcmail.com). Received on Thu May 21 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT