Re: Boycott Microsoft

From: Joe Ragosta <joe.ragosta_at_dol.net>
Date: 1998/05/21

In article <jaredhay-1905982359410001_at_c9801-001.v-wave.com>, jaredhay_at_mapson.v-wave.com (Jughead Jones) wrote:

> In article <355EAF20.A5BD30E3_at_cts.com>, jamess_at_cts.com wrote:
>
> >> That's O.K. Let Bill's dick out of your mouth for one second and consider
> >> this. M$ (that's right M$!) has attempted to impose its bullshit browser
> >> on all of it's users. That is, all who choose to upgrade to Win98. "So,
> >> don't upgrade." you say? Sorry, most people HAVE TO in order to keep their
> >> PCs going, not to mention
> >> the fact that after it was to come out, Win98 would have been preloaded on
> >> ALL of the new PCs. Speaking of preloads, who arranged that deal? Could it
> >> be M$?.
> >> You seem to work for Intel (and a great place it is for people with Bill's
> >>
> >I don't understand why you say most people have to upgrade to lose98...
> >opps...Win98 in order to keep their PCs going. As I understand it barely
> >50% of businesses haven't even upgrade from Win3.1 to Win95. So why
> >would someone have to upgrade?
> >
> >jamess
>
> Because Bill Himself admits, "Windows 98 fixes tens of thousands of bugs
> found in Windows 95".

There was a great editorial in Information Week this week. Stephen Manes, "Microsoft and the Big Lie", page 214.

Mr. Manes says that Win98 has two things: 1. Features that can be downloaded free of charge for updating Win95. 2. Bug fixes.

He then says that his remedy is simple. Since Win98 is mostly a bug fix, the DOJ shouldn't stop it--they should just make Microsofot give it away for free.

(For the humor impaired, it was a joke).

--
Regards,
Joe Ragosta