TableSpace

From: Becky Innocent <innocent_at_darkstar.bos.platsol.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 17:35:17 -0400

I need help moving 25 tables from SYSTEM to a new tablespace. Before creating the tables, I didn't know to create a new tablespace or opted not to at the time. Now, I am going to need to migrate from 7.3 to 8.0. From what I've read, the migrate utility will not migrate objects residing in the SYSTEM tablespace. Besides, I have since learned that it is not good practice to make SYSTEM my working tablespace (corruption issues).

I tried exporting than importing the tables to a user whose default tablespace is the new one but that didn't seem to matter. It defaulted back to system anyway.

Any and all help will be appreciated.

Thanks. Received on Thu May 21 1998 - 16:35:17 CDT