remote access using oraperl

From: kiel <kiel_at_webpre.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 11:48:16 -0500

Hi,

I am trying to access a remote Oracle database, using oraperl. What do I need on my local machine in order to be able to open the connection to that Oracle database?

specifically the &ora_login function requires a system identifier, which can either be a ORACLE_SID (if I run oraperl on the same server the database is on) or a TWO_TASK value. TWO_TASK is something like tns:some.world which refers to an entry in a file tnsnames.ora where all the info about the remote database (ip-address, port etc) is in.

I wonder what software is that tnsnames.ora associated with, and do I need it, or is there another way to make oraperl talk to the remote database?

Thanks for any insight

Christian Received on Thu May 21 1998 - 11:48:16 CDT