Help: Oracle Applications Multi langual?

From: kenneth C. de Miranda <krgm.demiranda_at_wxs.nl>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 20:42:01 +0100

Hi out there,

Whe recently purchased Oracle Applications, Dutch version.

Only after whe started implemented the system we realised the the system had no multilangual capabilities. I.e., we want to bill our customers in their own language. Yes, we could use pre-printed invoice forms but we want to include some additional product related descriptions on our invoices, proposals etc as well. Oracle has already hinted that this could be solved trough some VERY EXPENSIVE tailormade add-ons.

I'm kinda dissapointed since Oracle claims to have a true global ERP system. Especially in Europe, doiing business very often means doing business with different countries/cultures and languages. I had expected such a basic feature to be included in a (almost) Half million dollar system.

Question is, have any of you encountered the same problem and, more important, how did you solve it.

Many thanks. Received on Thu May 21 1998 - 14:42:01 CDT