Re: ORA-?????

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 15:54:44 GMT

A copy of this was sent to Richard Fairbairn <r.fairbairn_at_zetnet.co.uk> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Thu, 21 May 1998 14:46:25 +0100, you wrote:

>If anyone has some information regarding these error numbers or a
>list of them I'd be really glad to get hold of it.
>
>Thanks
>

>R.W. Fairbairn

They are in the Oracle7 Server Messages Release 7.3 Part No. A32539–1 document for 7

Or

Oracle8 Error Messages Release 8.0 Part No. A54625-01

for oracle8. If you have neither, you can print out messages as such from sqplus:

set serveroutput on size 100000
begin

    for i in 1 .. 75 loop

        if ( sqlerrm(-i) not LIKE 'ORA-%: Message % not found;%' )
        then
            dbms_output.put_line( sqlerrm(-i) );
        end if;

  end loop;
end;
/

that will print out the first 75 or so (change the loop variables to get more or less)

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Thu May 21 1998 - 10:54:44 CDT