cleanup the user_errors view

From: Gert Rijs <nospampleasegem_at_wirehub.nl>
Date: 21 May 1998 05:45:11 GMT

Hi,

Short version:
How do i empty the user_errors view?
'Delete from user_errors' is not always possible.

Background:
From within a (C++/OCI) program of mine i create several packages not known to my program at compile time.
After each 'CREATE OR REPLACE' i check the oci return-code and bail out when the create fails. If the create succeeds there is still a possibility that the package is not usable (if you would create it in sql*plus it would say: 'Warning: Package created with compilation errors.'), so i check the view (synonym?) USER_ERRORS for messages (like sql*plus SHOW ERROR).

The Problem:
user_errors accumulates errors.
if i execute the following:
  create package foo is bbbbb; end;
  select * from user_errors;
there will be 1 row selected (PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol ";"...) if i then execute:
  create package bar is bbbbb; end;
  select * from user_errors;
there will be 2 rows (one for FOO, one for BAR). I just want the 'BAR' message to show up after the second 'create'.

My first attempt was to issue a 'DELETE FROM USER_ERRORS' before each create, but not all users have the required privileges (for example scott/tiger lacks it).
I would rather not parse the create statement myself to get the package-name.
Anyone knows a way to cleanup user_errors?

--
reply address is altered to keep the spam down remove the nospamplease part to reply... Gert Rijs
gem at wirehub.nl
www.wirehub.nl/~gem Received on Thu May 21 1998 - 00:45:11 CDT