VOD-01413 Error - please help!

From: Rick Stone <rstone_at_fenris-inc.com>
Date: 1998/05/20

I just installed Oracle 8 server from the trial cd. I installed on an NT 4.0 server. Whenever I open up Enterprise Manager, I get the following error:

VOD-01413: Failed to listen for incoming connection requests.

I can create users and use SQL Worksheet and basically do everything from the server. However, I can not connect to the server via ODBC from any of the NT workstations or Windows 95 workstations on my network.

I checked the Daemon manager and my Listening Address is set to "Not Found". My TCP/IP port is set to the default of 7770. I tried changing that to 1521, which is what I thought the default was, but that didn't help anything.

My main goal is ODBC connection, so if anyone has had this error message, I would appreciate the help.

Thanks. Received on Wed May 20 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT