Problem of hanging SELECTS in Oracle.

From: <sabys_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 13:16:53 GMT

Here is the problem of hanging selects in Oracle.

We are in the process of porting all sybase stored procedures to Oracle. Unlike sybase, Oracle(8.0) does not support hanging select statement in a stored procedure. These stored procedures are called from c code using ODBC calls. In case of sybase the resultset is avalilable to the c code after calling the sybase stored procedure. We want to achieve the same functionality
by using stored procedures/functions in Oracle and get the resultset in the c code.
How can we do this using ODBC(Oracle8 driver) and Oracle 8 database ?

In short we are looking forward to a solution for passing results of a select statement
in a stored procedure to the c code calling this procedure through ODBC.