Re: Generating SQL script for table filling

From: Jan Januska <J.Januska_at_sh.cvut.cz>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 10:45:34 +0200

Jerry Gitomer wrote:

> Hi Jan,
>
> How about
>
> SELECT 'INSERT INTO <table_name> VALUES ('||col_1||','col_2');'
> FROM <table_name>;
>
> I know it is a pain in the nect to write this select statement, but
> I think it will do what you want.
>
> Regards
>
> Jerry
>
> Jan Januska wrote:

This is not generic solution, than i alter table (or i want use it for another table) i must also change this command.

It seems that i must create own complex procedure with parameter Name_of_table using system tables for determining columns that include in dynamic generated SQL command.
Oh that's awfull! Received on Wed May 20 1998 - 03:45:34 CDT