Re: Boycott Microsoft

From: Chad Irby <cirby_at_magicnet.net>
Date: 1998/05/19

roger@. (Roger ) wrote:

> someone claiming to be Rick wrote:
>
> >Can you see something wrong with:
> >
> >Vendors not being allowed to pre-install a non-MS browser?
>
> I might, if it were happening. Which it isn't. Sony, as an example,
> bundles both IE and NS

...and Dell and Compaq, on the other hand, have been subject to MS strong-arm work due to their wanting to bundle other software with their machines.

It has been happening.

> >Vendors not being allowed to replace the IE icon with another one?
>
> No, since there was a contract saying that they would not.
>
> >Web sites only allowing access to IE browsers on W95?
>
> If that is a choice that the webmaster made, who are you to say that
> they should change it?

If they made it through an unethical (and, in this case, illegal) bonus paid by Microsoft to keep that site from being accessed through non-Explorer browsers, they're setting themselves up for troubles in the future.

--
Chad Irby   cirby_at_magicnet.net
/  My greatest fear: