Oracle vs. SQLServer

From: Harry Boswell <hboswell_at_mdrs.state.ms.us>
Date: 19 May 1998 21:24:44 GMT

I have worked with Oracle since 1985, except for the past 2 years. Now, I've got to set up a SQLServer database. There's no choice in the matter, the application we have committed to is based on SQLServer, and the vendor won't support an Oracle port. So - what are the major differences, especially between Oracle 7 and SQLServer? From a DBA standpoint, what do I most need to be aware of?

Thanks,
Harry Received on Tue May 19 1998 - 16:24:44 CDT